The other week I was at the local Sunday market, and I came across this heater tap, from??? As the BB had had the heater tap leak all over my distributor, and I had replaced it with a generic one, that doesn’t want to turn off the heat, I purchased it. Cheap enough. It is vacuum actuated, as it comes, however, this was easy to remedy, by unscrewing the actuator.
Using some copper plumbing capillary fittings and a base, made from ¼" steel, I soft soldered up a fitting to go on the motor. Now, the tap was for ¾" hose, so the I used a ½" to ¾" elbow, with short lengths of ½" and ¾" tube, for a hose to attach to.
I reused the cable clamp, from the original heater tap. Never throw anything away, eventually it becomes useful.
After soldering the base to the pipe work, I painted it to match the engine, and made a mock up of how it will be installed, next month, when I have the engine out, to check the clutch.